Karyn van Wijngaarden
LLB (Wgtn 2007); B.Sc (Otago 2005)
Mobile 021 323 884
Prior to joining Oceanlaw, Karyn worked in firms in the Wairarapa, Wanaka, and Blenheim, advising clients across a wide variety of matters.
Karyn has a particular interest in maritime matters and is also involved in all aspects of the fisheries side of the practice.
Karyn’s skills include advising:
- on all aspects of commercial fisheries matters, including optimal commercial structures for fishing enterprises
- on compliance with Maritime Rules and advising clients under investigation by Maritime New Zealand
- clients involved with major Ministry for Primary Industries investigations
- clients involved in the super-yacht industry
- clients on maritime related insurance disputes, and disputes involving foreign jurisdictions
- clients regarding purchasing vessels, both domestically and internationally
Karyn also has a STCW-95 (International Maritime Qualification) & Steering Certificate